Why education abroad?
Open your eyes to the world
Science and technology have no borders! Invest in your future by developing cross-cultural skills that will enable you to communicate with scientists anywhere in the world.
Enhance your career
Learn how to function in a culturally diverse environment early on. Develop broader skills and the ability to adapt to new environments.
See your culture and yourself from a different perspective. Learn to appreciate other languages and global perspectives, while better understanding your own values.
Did you know?
You do not need to speak another language to study abroad. Many programs offer courses in English.
Here are a few of the places that BME students have studied abroad. Please visit the Hajim Education Abroad website to learn more!
- University of Sydney (Australia)
- University of New South Wales (Australia)
- IES Madrid Engineering (Spain)
- City University and Queen Mary, University of London (England)
- University of Auckland (New Zealand)
- University of Canterbury (New Zealand)
- DAAD Rise Program (Germany)
- Rochester sent 16 students to German research institutes with DAAD Rise scholarships in 2018 alone. Learn about their projects here.
For major or departmental credit:
Office: Goergen 206
For elective credit, consult with a study abroad advisor.
What are my First Steps?
- Attend an information session
- Research available programs
- Meet with a study abroad advisor