Scientific Sales Representative
Neurescence is looking for a scientific sales representative to convert qualified leads to purchase orders, generate new leads and meet sales goals.
Neurescence is a medical device startup that has combined the power of novel optical imaging technology with advanced machine learning and quantum machine learning techniques for understanding the brain circuitries and intelligent drug discovery for diseases of the central nervous system.
We are seeking an experienced sales professional who understands the art of listening to and solving customers’ problems. The role is to introduce our products to the academic neuroscientists who focus on preclinical research. Duties will include sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well as negotiating and closing contracts with potential clients.
A successful candidate must drive individual and team sales, be performance driven and be dedicated to achieving goals. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and excellent interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role offering products of USD100k level pricing to the academic research market is an advantage. Ideally you are located in eastern US and can travel to other regions.
This position provides the chance to be the person who builds the sales and marketing team of Neurescence, and is an opportunity to establish our sales operations within the US There is the opportunity of converting the position to the VP of sales and receiving company stock options for the right candidate.
- Generating leads.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective clients.
- Organizing and giving sales presentations to academic neuroscientists.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs.
- Preparing and submitting quotes for orders.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products.
- Maintaining client records.
- Five years of experience in sales to the academic research market.
- Deep network among academic neuroscientists located in the US.
- Deep understanding of the process of sales to this market.
- Ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Traveling to demo product at the labs of potential customers.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build lasting professional relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with technologies used in behavioral neuroscience research, for example electrophysiology and optogenetics, a definite asset.
Neurescence is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family ormarital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Please send your CV and cover letter, highlighting your sales experience, including the price point of the products sold and the target market to:
PhD, co-Founder, CEO
1 (647) 865-2098